EyeSeeCam is a unique and award-winning camera system that is controlled with the eyes. It is the only system that can record what the eyes of its user really see. Unrestricted user mobility and field of view as well as the utilization of biological image stabilization reflexes are main benefits of EyeSeeCam. Imagine to see through the eyes of:
- a surgeon who uses EyeSeeCam to film an operation for documentation and teaching purposes
- a scientist who uses EyeSeeCam to examine human natural visual exploration in the wild
EyeSeeCam combines and enhances two technologies:
- An ultra-mobile eye tracker that measures 3D eye position at unprecedented frame rates of up to 600 Hz.
- A camera motion control unit with servo motors that steer a head-mounted camera to the target of gaze.
An off-the-shelf notebook records video files with resolutions of up to 752×480 pixels to hard disk. A novel picture-in-picture functionality combines the image of the gaze camera with another image from a wide-angle scene camera. Just as a magnifying lens, this “hybrid perspective” gives the impression of a sharp image at the target of gaze.
Video-Oculography (VOG), also known as video-nystagmography (VNG), is commonly used for the examination of eye movement pathologies in patients with vertigo and ocular motor disorders.
EyeSeeCam VOG is unique in that it offers a combination of unprecedented functionalities in a lightweight design:
- head impulse test
- 3D examination of horizontal, vertical, and torsional eye movements
- real-time data analysis with 4 ms latency
- digital cameras with frame rates of up to 600 Hz
- spatial resolution of down to 0.01 deg (RMS)
- battery-powered laptop mobility
- optional AD/DA interface for external synchronisation
- recording of head movements by an integrated 6-DOF inertial measurement unit
- head-centric calibration with integrated laser projector
- WiFi remote control, e.g., by an iPod / iPhone / iPad
EyeSeeCam VOG now takes a number of objective vestibular tests from the laboratory to the bedside, such as the head impulse test, saccade metrics, and caloric irrigation test.
- Publications on the examination of eye movements with video-oculography on
- Publications on the examination of natural visual exploration with EyeSeeCam on
82256 Fürstenfeldbruck Deutschland
Tel: +49 (0) 81415092280
Fax: +49 (0) 81415092281
eMail: info (at) eyeseecam.com
If not otherwise stated, for all text and pictures:
Copyright 2004-2014 EyeSeeTec GmbH